- Detail- We will forever be cleaning up the snack crumbs after a road trip, and the vehicle will definitely need to be vacuumed after the trip. But we always underestimate how important it is to wash and wax the outside of the vehicle before the trip. Just by doing this simple step, you can prevent all the road grime from getting on your vehicle: Sand in the desert, or salt and snow in the mountains. You can also ensure great visibility through your windows; not to mention saving a lot of time at the gas station, trying to get streak-free windows!
- Window tint-This is a must, especially if you are traveling in the hot South. Tinting will keep your vehicle cool on the inside, because it prevents some of the sunlight and heat from entering through the windows. It will also prevent fading on the inside of the vehicle. Tinting is great for naps for the kiddos, because the sun won’t be in their face on the long drive! This hopefully means a more peaceful drive!
- Gas saving- Gas is expensive! But, there are some great and simple ways to make sure that you are optimizing your mileage on your vehicle:
- Check your tire pressure- Make sure that it is the recommended PSI for your vehicle per your manual. This can help save on money.
- Get rid of excess weight- I know what you are thinking, but no, not any of your riders. But if you have an extra row of seats not in use, take them out. It will save you some green!
- Don’t Speed and Use Cruise control- I know it is hard to do the speed limit, trust me! But going the speed limit at a consistent speed will save you a great deal of fuel, which in turn provides more money for the fun stuff on your road trip, like seeing the biggest rubber band ball! Because who doesn’t want to do that!
- What to pack- Make sure that there is a spare tire in your vehicle, just in case there is a flat. Also make sure to pack some essential items in case of that breakdown (snacks, water, flashlight, etc…) Better to be safe than sorry.
- Perfect Music list-If you are like me, music is essential to a perfect road trip! I recently conducted a short survey with some of our staff and customers here at AutoSmart to prepare some music for your next road trip:
- Rick Niksic- Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin, and the entire album Trampoline by the Mavericks.
- Mandi Oliver- Ants Marching by Dave Matthews
- Steve Garrison- any 70-80’s rock
- Dennis Caldwell- any 60-70’s, he loves the oldies!
- Eric Storbeck -surfing with the Alien by Joe Satriani
- Brittany Humphrey- Cruise by Florida Georgia Line and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
With all of these tips, your trip will be amazing! Don’t forget that besides selling pre-owned vehicles, AutoSmart provides services such as detailing and tinting. So get those vehicles ready today!\
39 Stonehill Rd., Suite E
Oswego, IL 60543