- Wash the Undercarriage of your vehicle- Although our winter has not been too terrible this year, we all have accumulated salt on the undercarriage of our vehicles. It is a great idea to wash that out. This will keep our vehicles running smoothly. Salt can cause rust and corrosion to our vehicle. According to DMV.org, the main places that are affected by salt are: the exhaust system, our Muffler, the Coil springs, sub-frame and Hydraulic brake system.
- Check your tire pressure- Making sure that your tires are aired up is essential to the upkeep of your vehicle. Remember that heat expands and cold deflates our tires. So when it is hot, make sure that your PSI is 3-5 lower, and in the winter it should be 3-5 PSI higher.
- Check your fluids- make sure your windshield wiper fluid gets refilled immediately. The salt over the winter has depleted our fluids in our vehicle. Also make sure that you check your brake fluid. The winter takes a toll on our vehicles, and it is a good practice to check it when the weather gets nice. Also take a look at your engine oil, coolant and the power steering fluid.
- Empty everything out of your vehicle-Over the winter, we accumulate a lot of trash, and extra stuff in our vehicles. We have extra clothes, ice scrapers, umbrellas, blankets, etc. Take 5 minutes to empty everything out so you can have your vehicle detailed. Also add a small bag or trash can, so you can prevent the trash pile up in the future.
- Have your car detailed! We have a great detailer at AutoSmart. He will hand wash your vehicle, remove contaminates from paint, recondition the paint, apply wax, clean and polish your wheels, clean the wheel wells, and clean the door and trunk jams. The interior of your vehicle, and the mats and carpets, will be completely shampooed and deep cleaned. The seats will be treated, everything vacuumed, all vinyl protected and the glass will be cleaned.
Get rid of that dust and grime and give us a call for your detail appointment today! You will be blown away by how great your vehicle looks, it will look brand new!
39E Stone Hill Rd.
Oswego, IL 60543