Category Archives for "Used Cars Oswego IL"
Why can’t I find a vehicle for $1000 anymore????
We have had quite a few people calling and coming by lately for $1000 vehicles. Unfortunately, we just can’t find these vehicles anymore…. but why?
During the recession in 2008-2009, new car sales dramatically decreased. Although this is 9 years ago, it has affected the number of used vehicles today. Late Model vehicles are harder to find and especially at a decent price. Meanwhile, people are also holding onto their vehicles longer. When people purchase a vehicle, they take care of it, and are on average, keeping their vehicle for about 8 years.
Prices at the auctions have increased as well. We ran an article last year about the hurricanes in the South causing prices of Used vehicles to increase. Most viable used vehicles are being shipped to the Southern US to replace many of the flood damaged vehicles. This demonstrates the law of Supply and Demand. We have low supply of vehicles in Illinois, which leads to higher demand, which can command higher prices. Unfortunately, for the car dealer to make money, they must price the vehicle at a price higher than what they paid at the auction. They must recondition the vehicle, and this takes money from their profit. Hopefully not losing money in the end. It’s a gamble.
Programs that are paid for by the state are also causing a shortage of inexpensive vehicles. Programs such as cash for clunkers, donating vehicles to charities, or people in California being paid to retire older vehicles. Cars we might have sold for $3,000 to $3,500 a couple years are now $5,000 to $5,500.
Now is it possible to find the $1000 vehicle on Craigslist? The answer is yes! But you must be an informed buyer. You most likely will be getting a clunker! There will most likely be body damage, no AC, interior stains, etc. If you just need a vehicle to get you from point A to point B, and absolutely do not care what it looks like, it is possible. Do your due diligence though, make sure that it runs! Some vehicles to stay away from…No license plates-this means that it is not being driven, vehicles with no pictures…it is actually that bad, it broke the camera! Vehicles with major issues. You will most likely have some repairs, but make sure that it is nothing major! And make sure that they have a clean title! I looked up $1000 cars on craigslist right now, and found many cars that looked ok, but after reading the descriptions-most were not running. There were some vehicles that maybe didn’t look the greatest but were running. Just always remember, when buying from a private party, there is no guarantee for your purchase.
39 Stonehill Rd Ste E
Oswego, IL 60543
It feels like yesterday that your son or daughter was taking their first steps, and last month they walked across the graduation stage! Although college feels like the most likely next step, making sure that they get there safely is often not a priority. Making sure that our new college students have a safe vehicle to travel in puts our minds at ease. Here are some things to think about when purchasing that vehicle for them:
1. Be sure to be informed about the vehicle that you are purchasing. Go in with some research for the vehicle. You can research the competitive prices and information on Autotrader, Kelley blue book, and nada.com. The more knowledgeable you are about your purchase, the less likely you will be to pay more than you need to for it!
2. What will the vehicle primarily be used for? A brand new vehicle for a new college student may not be the best purchase. Remember a vehicle starts depreciating in value the moment you drive it off the lot. So practical vehicles for young drivers would be low maintenance, and dependable vehicles. Trucks don’t make the most ideal purchases since they are bigger and often have terrible gas mileage.
3. If buying used, remember to research the history of the vehicle. Go to the website: VehicleHistory.gov (the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System). Also make sure to read about “lemon laws” in your state. It never hurts to be informed!
4. Make sure not to commit yourself or your student to more than 15-20% of your monthly budget on the vehicle. This includes the car payment, insurance, gas, repairs, registration fees and maintenance. You never want to get yourself into a situation that you cannot afford. So 15-20% of your income is a good standard.
5. Don’t forget that a lot of students may be eligible for good student discounts on insurance plans, and also safe driver discounts. Anyway to save some money, is great!
So enjoy those steps around your now empty home, knowing that you have made smart choices on your new college student’s vehicle. Nothing is better than having peace of mind!
2008 BMW X3 with 107,876 miles – $9995
This 2008 BMW X3 has the following highlights:
Further info about this vehicle:
Please contact us today for more information about this vehicle.
39E Stonehill Rd.
Oswego, IL 60543
At AutoSmart, we carry a great selection of quality pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVs at competitive prices in Oswego, IL, and our knowledgeable sales team ensures that each and every one of our customers receives the high quality service that they deserve. We’re committed to providing you with a hassle-free car buying experience, while also providing you with the peace of mind that you received a fair deal on a great used vehicle. All of our used cars, trucks, and SUVs are safety-checked by ASE certified mechanics.
Whether you’re looking for your next new or used car, or a pre-owned vehicle trade-in appraisal, we are here to help! We have over 30 years of experience in the automotive industry, and our company was created to provide consumers with a hassle-free car buying experience.
We offer the best vehicle consignment service in the area. Upon consignment, we’ll inspect your vehicle and advise you if the vehicle requires any repairs or cosmetic work to improve its value. Put our extensive automotive experience and dedication to work for you!
We are highly skilled at helping our clients choose the right vehicle; whether it’s an entire fleet of vans for your business, or a safe and reliable car. We’ll locate your vehicle and negotiate with the automobile dealer, arrange for inspections, and oversee the entire vehicle purchase transaction.
We provide a full range of professional auto appearance services for our customers in Oswego Illinois, such as auto detailing, window tinting, clear bra installation, and paintless dent repair and removal. We look forward to assisting you with all of your automotive appearance needs soon, so contact us today and allow us to put our extensive experience and dedication to work for you!