Category Archives for "Auto Dealer Oswego IL"
Here are some quick tips and tricks for your vehicle:
We’ve all been there, a long day of shopping, or a day at the ball park, or even just grocery shopping, and you can’t remember where you parked! Most of us have cameras on our cell phones now…snap a picture of nearby landmarks, so that you don’t have to remember after your long day!
Strange, but true! Yes, you might look funny doing this, but the fluids in your head increase the range of the car retrieval signal, acting as a conductor!
Have you ever been locked out of your car, by a pesky frozen lock? Water-less hand sanitizer does more than keep germs away, it has a heavy alcohol content that can also break down the ice, cutting down time and frostbite!
Nail polish can be the fix-all for your paint and glass needs for your vehicle. Will it look perfect, no…but it can save the paint and glass. Put clear polish on a crack in your windshield to slow the crack! You can even put clear polish on a small dent to prevent it from rusting. Use a colored polish as a paint retouch! Vehicle paint and Nail polish are very similar in nature!
Toothpaste smeared on a soft cloth, applied to your headlights, will have them looking like new in minutes! Such a cheap and easy fix!
Stay tuned next month for part 2 of tips and tricks!!!!
We believe in supporting the community in which we live. We live in Oswego, shop in Oswego and support our small businesses in Oswego. With so many choices of where to buy your vehicle, why choose AutoSmart?
Our mission is to provide a valuable and upfront service to our customers while exceeding their needs and expectations. We are committed to our customer’s satisfaction and guarantee honesty, integrity and community involvement.
Much of our business comes from repeat customers and their referrals. We appreciate our customers’ support of our small business and they appreciate our dedication to them and their vehicles. We love our customers and want them to always return to us to buy their next vehicle.
We have all our vehicles inspected by a third-party mechanic. We want to be upfront with you by providing the vehicle history and informing you of any issues with the vehicle. We go out of our way to find the perfect vehicle for you!
Every vehicle that leaves our dealership has our name on it. It is very important that we are proud of the vehicles we sell, and that you are happy with your service and price. We want every transaction to be fair and beneficial to all involved.
AutoSmart’s commitment to our community is a way that we are different than other dealerships. We give back locally to our customers through events like Coffee & Cars and Women, Wine and Wheels. These are free events that offer food, fellowship, and information on vehicles or products. We are also a coat pickup for Coats for Kendall and we donate our building for the Cub Scouts for their Pinewood Derby every year. Some might not know, but Brian, one of the owners, teaches at the Oswego high schools every year for Operation Impact, educating high school students about safe driving. This year, we donated a part of our proceeds to hurricane relief. Last week, Brian went on a mission trip to Texas to help rebuild a house damaged in Hurricane Harvey. It was a life changing experience that took place because of money raised by the Rotary club and small businesses in Oswego.
We know there are other places to shop for vehicles and we thrive on that competition in the car business. We hope the next time you are searching for a vehicle you consider the honesty and integrity you will experience at AutoSmart and give us a try. We want you to be our life long customer!
39 Stonehill Rd Ste E
Oswego, IL 60543
Why can’t I find a vehicle for $1000 anymore????
We have had quite a few people calling and coming by lately for $1000 vehicles. Unfortunately, we just can’t find these vehicles anymore…. but why?
During the recession in 2008-2009, new car sales dramatically decreased. Although this is 9 years ago, it has affected the number of used vehicles today. Late Model vehicles are harder to find and especially at a decent price. Meanwhile, people are also holding onto their vehicles longer. When people purchase a vehicle, they take care of it, and are on average, keeping their vehicle for about 8 years.
Prices at the auctions have increased as well. We ran an article last year about the hurricanes in the South causing prices of Used vehicles to increase. Most viable used vehicles are being shipped to the Southern US to replace many of the flood damaged vehicles. This demonstrates the law of Supply and Demand. We have low supply of vehicles in Illinois, which leads to higher demand, which can command higher prices. Unfortunately, for the car dealer to make money, they must price the vehicle at a price higher than what they paid at the auction. They must recondition the vehicle, and this takes money from their profit. Hopefully not losing money in the end. It’s a gamble.
Programs that are paid for by the state are also causing a shortage of inexpensive vehicles. Programs such as cash for clunkers, donating vehicles to charities, or people in California being paid to retire older vehicles. Cars we might have sold for $3,000 to $3,500 a couple years are now $5,000 to $5,500.
Now is it possible to find the $1000 vehicle on Craigslist? The answer is yes! But you must be an informed buyer. You most likely will be getting a clunker! There will most likely be body damage, no AC, interior stains, etc. If you just need a vehicle to get you from point A to point B, and absolutely do not care what it looks like, it is possible. Do your due diligence though, make sure that it runs! Some vehicles to stay away from…No license plates-this means that it is not being driven, vehicles with no pictures…it is actually that bad, it broke the camera! Vehicles with major issues. You will most likely have some repairs, but make sure that it is nothing major! And make sure that they have a clean title! I looked up $1000 cars on craigslist right now, and found many cars that looked ok, but after reading the descriptions-most were not running. There were some vehicles that maybe didn’t look the greatest but were running. Just always remember, when buying from a private party, there is no guarantee for your purchase.
39 Stonehill Rd Ste E
Oswego, IL 60543
By this time of year, we have probably all started (and stopped) our New Year’s resolutions already. Whether it be weight loss, or saving money we can lose track so easily. Something we can always strive for is to take better care of our vehicles. Here is an important and EASY list to take better care of your vehicle this year:
1. Routine Car washes- This is very important especially with all the winter salt in the Midwest. We always recommend using a touch-less car wash, if possible. And make sure to get a car wash that cleans the undercarriage.
2. Wipe down the inside every time you get in the vehicle. This might take you 20 seconds, but will make a world of difference. Keep a small trash can in your vehicle, to clean up the excess trash. Also keep an organizer for sunglasses, rags, loose change, perfume, hand sanitizer, tire pressure gauge, etc. This will keep your cleaning products out of the way, but easily accessible.
3. Make sure to routinely check your tire pressure. With the tire pressure gauge in your organizer, it should be handy anytime you need to check the tire pressure.
4. Listen to your car-Be proactive, when you hear noises, don’t let it go! This could cause you to end up spending more money in the long run. Find a mechanic that you trust and take in your vehicle any time you hear a strange noise.
5. Routine oil changes & service- Make sure that you get routine oil changes. Every 3 months, or 3,000 miles. Also make sure to take your car in for a bi-annual tune-up. Make sure that everything is running smoothly, to keep your vehicle lasting a long time.
6. Keep your fluids topped off- In Illinois, we can face the most extreme weather in one day. Make sure that those fluids are topped off to prevent salt buildup and protect against empty fluids.
Let’s all make this resolution stick!
39 Stonehill Rd Ste E
Oswego, IL 60543
The Hurricane season is upon us. Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma have devastated the South with floods, winds and destruction. People are homeless, have to relocate and are struggling to make ends meet. Their houses are gone, but so are their cars.
History has shown us that when there are devastating events like floods; vehicles are diverted to the area to help the communities. This makes the Supply (Inventory) very low, but the demand great in our area for used cars. It has been reported that 1 million-1.5 million vehicles maybe be totaled due to the floods. We have been told by our industry connections that inventory from the Midwest is already being diverted to the South. The used car market will have lower than normal inventory levels, which will increase the cost of used cars throughout the Midwest.
With this being said, we also want you to be hyper aware when buying a car in the next 6-12 months. If buying a vehicle, find out where the car originated from. Also make sure that you obtain a vehicle history report, especially looking for Flood/Salvage/Branded titles. This is especially important when buying from a private party, because there is no protection for you the buyer.
Since the used car prices will be increasing this potentially makes buying a new vehicle a better value. Although we do not have new vehicles on our lot, our concierge service allows us to get the perfect new vehicle for you. You tell us what you want, and we will find the perfect car at a great price. Being a dealer, we work with other dealers to find you a fair and reasonable price. It is a good time to consign a vehicle with us. Our top priority is to get your vehicle sold for the highest price, in the quickest amount of time.
Please consider donating your time, or money to a charity to help with the hurricane relief. They need our help more than ever. AutoSmart values involvement in our community. With our commitment to community, we have partnered with the Rotary Club of Oswego to aide in disaster relief.
Please click on the following link to promote our viral campaign and donate to the hurricane relief:
Our automotive ceramic coating will form a semi-permanent bond to your vehicle’s painted surface, creating a “Shield” that protects your vehicle, and offers unmatched protection to your paint for 2 years, while creating depth and gloss like no other product you have ever seen. This durable coating also adds gloss that you won’t believe!
Once your car, truck, or SUV has been protected with our ceramic coating, you can enjoy the awesome gloss, protection, clarity, and hydrophobic properties that will make water dance off the paint and bead like crazy!
We have a genuine commitment to perfection, and we take great pride in every vehicle that leaves our facility. Our Mission is to provide the best service possible, in pursuit of 100% customer satisfaction, and to establish a business relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime, by providing the highest level of service at a fair price.
39 Stonehill Rd., Suite E
Oswego, IL 60543
As summer reaches to an end, and the heat turns into a cool fall breeze, we all know that means it is…Football Season! And the art of tailgating begins. If you are like me, the best part of football is getting to the game and tailgating. Have you ever considered though, that some vehicles are just better than others for this? Have you ever tried to cram all of your friends into a 4 door sedan, with the grill, and cooler? It’s not so fun! So today, we’re going to take a look at some of our vehicles that are great for the football and tailgating season:
So when the fall hits, and there is a breeze in your hair, just think how much more fun you’d have if you purchased your next vehicle from AutoSmart. Please consider letting us be your tailgating headquarters when purchasing your next vehicle!
39 Stonehill Rd Suite E
Oswego, IL 60543
It feels like yesterday that your son or daughter was taking their first steps, and last month they walked across the graduation stage! Although college feels like the most likely next step, making sure that they get there safely is often not a priority. Making sure that our new college students have a safe vehicle to travel in puts our minds at ease. Here are some things to think about when purchasing that vehicle for them:
1. Be sure to be informed about the vehicle that you are purchasing. Go in with some research for the vehicle. You can research the competitive prices and information on Autotrader, Kelley blue book, and nada.com. The more knowledgeable you are about your purchase, the less likely you will be to pay more than you need to for it!
2. What will the vehicle primarily be used for? A brand new vehicle for a new college student may not be the best purchase. Remember a vehicle starts depreciating in value the moment you drive it off the lot. So practical vehicles for young drivers would be low maintenance, and dependable vehicles. Trucks don’t make the most ideal purchases since they are bigger and often have terrible gas mileage.
3. If buying used, remember to research the history of the vehicle. Go to the website: VehicleHistory.gov (the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System). Also make sure to read about “lemon laws” in your state. It never hurts to be informed!
4. Make sure not to commit yourself or your student to more than 15-20% of your monthly budget on the vehicle. This includes the car payment, insurance, gas, repairs, registration fees and maintenance. You never want to get yourself into a situation that you cannot afford. So 15-20% of your income is a good standard.
5. Don’t forget that a lot of students may be eligible for good student discounts on insurance plans, and also safe driver discounts. Anyway to save some money, is great!
So enjoy those steps around your now empty home, knowing that you have made smart choices on your new college student’s vehicle. Nothing is better than having peace of mind!
With all of these tips, your trip will be amazing! Don’t forget that besides selling pre-owned vehicles, AutoSmart provides services such as detailing and tinting. So get those vehicles ready today!\
39 Stonehill Rd., Suite E